Reid MP refuses to apologise for 'legitimate comment'

Reid MP refuses to apologise for 'legitimate comment'

Liberal MP Fiona Martin says she made a “legitimate comment” concerning her clash with political opponent Sally Sitou.

It comes after Ms Martin implied Ms Sitou was only running in the Reid electorate because she was overlooked for Fowler, clashing in a 2GB radio face-off.

Ms Martin defended her comments and said Ms Sitou lived in the Cabramatta area.

“I haven’t made any mistake…I made a legitimate comment,” she told Sky News Australia.

When questioned on whether she confused Ms Sitou with another Labor candidate, Ms Martin was firm on her position.

“Absolutely no way, I knew what I was saying, and I was not confusing the candidates in any way at all.”

6305963644112australiafb

Post a Comment

0 Comments