I have just installed a Legrand Adorn Softap dimmer in place

I have just installed a Legrand Adorn Softap dimmer in place

From https://www.justanswer.com/ythi

JustAnswer Customer: please.

JustAnswer Customer: I have just installed a Legrand Adorn Softap dimmer in place of a simple light switch (hot and neutral connections only) The load is a Philips 5.5w Edison style Led light.

JustAnswer Customer: Currently the dimmer is constantly flashing the plus and minus on the rocker, the bulb is dimly lit and the on/off button does not work.

Pearl Wilson: Assistant: I'll do all I can to help.

Pearl Wilson: Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this?

JustAnswer Customer: Half an hour, I just installed it.

JustAnswer Customer: Admittedly I tried following the printed instructions however the video instruction covered the case for only having Hot, Neutral and an earth wire for installation, According to the video, Hot goes to hot on the dimmer and Neutral goes to Pole-1 on the dimmer.

JustAnswer Customer: Initially I was going to install with Hot to Hot and Neutral to Neatral.

JustAnswer Customer: Thanks

Pearl Wilson: Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

JustAnswer Customer: Yes.

JustAnswer Customer: This is the first time I have installed this type of dimmer

Pearl Wilson: Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

JustAnswer Customer: No that is all

George Smith: Master Electrician: Thanks for counting on us to help with your electrical issue.

George Smith: Master Electrician: My name is * * I look forward to helping you!

George Smith: Master Electrician: Let me review your question!

George Smith: Master Electrician: The neutral should go to the neutral !

JustAnswer Customer: How do you wire up a Legrand Adorn SofTap dimmer that is replacing a simple on off light switch ( that only had connection to Hot and Neutral wires)?

JustAnswer Customer: My problem is that the printed instructions assumed I am replacing and existing dimmer ( that in their theory provides Hot, Neutral, and 1-pole wires to use).

JustAnswer Customer: Thanks

JustAnswer Customer: I am in the process of working on it right now I will let you know the result.

JustAnswer Customer: Thank you for your clarification:0)

George Smith: Master Electrician: Your light has to got to the load ?

George Smith: Master Electrician: What model do you have?

George Smith: Master Electrician: I got it !

George Smith: Master Electrician: the switch leg goes to the 1 pole!

JustAnswer Customer: Dimmer ADTP703TU adorne softap SP/3W 120v, 60Hz LED compatible

George Smith: Master Electrician: Here is the wiring?

JustAnswer Customer: Yep no luck with Neutral wire to Neutral although the flashing lights are off and the switch is making the correct noise although it has no effect on the light which is on ( but low)

George Smith: Master Electrician: Do you have the light in 1 pole ?

JustAnswer Customer: I seem to not have a leg wire for 1-pole according to the instructions

George Smith: Master Electrician: If you are changing a standard dimmer you have to have one ?

JustAnswer Customer: Hmmm I get it, I am replacing a single pole switch with a high tech dimmer.

JustAnswer Customer: I found a Legrand installation video that confirmed that I use the Hot and 1-pole connectors ( again they were vage and said a wire to Hot and a wire to 1-pole).

JustAnswer Customer: The dimmer was I assume from Legrands directions correctly wired but the flickering of the dimmer lights from an earlier Q and A on this site suggest a compatibility issue?!

JustAnswer Customer: I have triple checked the earthing of the frame with no error.

JustAnswer Customer: I think at this point go try the simpler paddle and slider dimmer unit.

JustAnswer Customer: I have rewire led the softap dimmer as per first instal and now when live the light bulb is on full power and the dimmer is non responsive.

JustAnswer Customer: Thank you for helping me work through dimmergate.

George Smith: Master Electrician: Hope I was of help ?

George Smith: Master Electrician: Thanks !

George Smith: Master Electrician: George

Pearl Wilson: Assistant: If you have a home improvement or appliance question and want to chat with an expert now visit justanswer.com/ythi

installedLegrandAdorn

Post a Comment

0 Comments